Monday, July 14, 2014

Tinted drawing paper test


I found this tinted cool grey Fabriano, 160 gsm paper sometime back at Landmark store and wanted to give it a try. This A4 size paper has some linear texture and suppose to be for dry mediums like pastel, charcoal, graphite. I experimented here with graphite and white Conte, so far it's working well. Will test some more with other mediums like pen & ink and gouache. You can also notice a swatch of brown Conte on top amongst the other one.



Here's another set of sketches I did on this cool grey tinted paper from Fabriano. I am finding it very interesting to work on the tinted paper as it is forcing me to observe, contemplate and work both in terms of light and dark values while still maintaining as much as possible of the mid values of the paper untouched. I am also finding this a great way of doing value studies than a normal white paper. The top left sketch is my smallest watercolor box. The two windows are sketched from a house nearby.

Medium: Graphite and white Conte' on tinted cool grey Fabriano 160 gsm paper
Size: 11 3/4" H x 8 1/4" W [ A4 ]
Source: Live

www.facebook.com/dhrubamazumderfineart


© Dhruba Mazumder, 2014. All rights reserved. Should not be copied, modified, reproduced, printed in any format and size without the prior permission of the copyright holder.

No comments: