Friday, June 27, 2014

Tiny Watercolor Box

Kindly click on the image for a bigger version
Here's the color box I had mentioned couple of months back when I posted two boat sketches I did in Chennai during my last watercolor workshop there using the same which is up-cycled from a mint box. The wells of the box are divided using quick drying kneaded sealant and painted with couple of coats of white enamel paints. The six small containers are filled with paints from tubes of all 3 primary colors of both warm and cool temperatures. The lid is used for mixing small washes and the whole thing works fine for me for quick sketches. In this sketch, you can notice the relative size of the open box in comparison to a 1/2" flat brush. The dimension of the color box is 2 1/4" W x 1 3/4" D x 1/2 " H.

Medium: watercolor on sketchbook.
Size: 4 1/4" H x 6" W.
Time: 40 min. approx.
Source: Live.

www.facebook.com/dhrubamazumderfineart
© Dhruba Mazumder, 2014. All rights reserved.

No comments: